When utilizing Apple Maps for instructions, you may encounter the need to stop for petrol or food along the way.
Many folks driving on the interstate will just check for exit signs to locate a restaurant or gas station. This is less than ideal for a number of reasons, including the following:
- You never know exactly how far off the road your selected stop will be.
- You’ll hear Siri nagging you to return to the route.
Alternatively, you can have Maps locate and add a stop to your route for you. Using Maps to locate stops provides precise instructions and indicates how many minutes the stop is off your path; you can also study information about the stop, such as Yelp ratings.
If your iPhone is not displaying your current location correctly, see Location Services Not Working (iOS, iPadOS), Fix.
How to Find a Place to Stop in Maps
You can locate stops along your journey using Maps on your iPhone. This can be done immediately after beginning navigation to your primary destination, or later on the trip.
It’s beneficial to have a passenger-accessible to set up the stop on your iPhone. I attempted to enlist Siri’s assistance in this process; Siri was able to locate a restaurant for me – supplying me with a list of Restaurant possibilities – but when I requested Siri to add it to my (current) itinerary, I was asked whether I wanted to terminate it.
On your iPhone:
- At any point throughout your path, you can touch on the “route card” at the bottom of the Maps screen.
- You will see six distinct buttons from which to choose. Select Add a Stop.
- Select from one of the six distinct categories of stops.
- Gas Stations
4. You’ll see a list of suggested steps — you may need to move the bottom-of-the-screen tab higher to view the complete list. Browse the list to select a stop that meets your requirements. Each stop is described briefly. For instance, if you select Breakfast, you will see the following:
- The establishment’s name
- How many minutes are added to your route by this halt
- How many kilometers from your current location is it?
- Restaurant opening hours
- Yelp review score
5. If you tap on a restaurant’s name in the list of suggested stops, you can either tap the green GO button or scroll down to access more specific information about the restaurant, which includes the following:
- Photographs from Yelp
- A handy Call option is provided if you wish to contact the establishment.
- The hours of operation, the address, the phone number, and the website
- Additional information, such as if they accept Apple Pay, have parking, are kid-friendly, take reservations, or offer takeout.
If you select a stop but later wish to return to your original path, touch on Resume Route under the blue banner at the top of your screen.