When your Apple Watch receives a notice, you can set it to vibrate just instead of ringing. In some circumstances, you could find this handy.
Apple Watch can only be used to notify you of haptic or tap tap tap. If you want to make your Apple Watch vibrate only, it is not impossible.
For example, your watch will not ring or make a sound in the middle of your meeting if you do it this way. We’ll alter your haptic alert settings for calls and messages to accomplish this. As you can see, this is a two-step procedure:
1. Turn on Haptic Alerts and optimize the strength
You may also wish to enable haptics and modify your haptic level before adjusting the sound and haptic settings as described below so that you can be sure to feel the vibrations.
- On your watch, open the Settings app.
- Select Sounds & Haptics from the drop-down menu.
- Make sure Haptic Alerts are enabled in the Haptics section. There are two Haptic Alerts choices available: Default and Prominent. Vibrations are stronger in prominent selections. You can go with either option.
- Then return to the top of the screen and look for the Alert Volume option, which is the first choice on the page. This appears to be a sound volume, but it is actually a haptic volume. You can adjust the level of the haptic notifications to your preference. Ensure that you do not miss critical calls or texts due to insufficient vibrations.
2. Turn on only haptic alerts (vibrations) for phone calls and alerts
After following the steps below, your watch will stop ringing when you receive calls:
5. Then, to return to the previous screen, press Back and then Messages.
6. Select Custom once more, and make sure Haptic is active while Sound is disabled. When you receive text messages, including iMessages, your watch will no longer produce the chiming sound.
When you receive calls, alerts, or messages, your watch will no longer chime. The only thing it will do is vibrate. The strength of the vibration will be determined by your settings. Make certain you can feel the vibrations.
Another alternative is to use Silent Mode to mute your Apple Watch. You can read about how to use Silent Mode on Apple Watch here: How to Silence Calls on Apple Watch.