In a variety of situations, texting yourself can be really useful. Your chat thread can do it all for you, whether you need a place to save your grocery lists or want to pretend to have a discussion for whatever reason (no judgments).
How to Send an iMessage to Yourself on an iPhone. This is handy for iPhone owners that want to send an iMessage to themselves.
You can also text yourself with iMessage. However, you must first correct a few settings before you may text yourself via iMessage.
- First and foremost, ensure that iMessage is turned on. Scroll down to ‘Messages‘ in the Settings app and hit it.
- Check that the ‘iMessage‘ toggle is turned on.
- Check out how you’re sending and receiving iMessages while you’re at it. To see the details, tap ‘Send & Receive.’
- Close the Settings app and open the ‘Phone’ app instead. From the bottom of the screen, select the ‘Contacts‘ tab.
- After that, tap your name or the ‘My Card‘ option.
Make sure you’ve saved all of the addresses (phone numbers and email addresses) you use in iMessage as your contact information.
Depending on whether you’re inputting your phone number or email address, you’ll get distinct chat threads if all of the addresses aren’t in the same contact. All messages will appear in a single chat when they’re all part of the same contact.
Also, if you haven’t already, enter your name. You can alter the name to show the name of the phone contact here if you wish to simulate a conversation.
- Go to the Messages app now. In the top-right corner of the screen, tap the ‘New Message‘ icon.
- To message yourself, type your contact name (or the updated one) in the ‘To’ textbox. Fill in the message box with your message and send it like any other message.
- When you text yourself, a grey bubble will appear with the same message.
So, the dialogue is two-part, which is why it’s so easy to make up a chat. But don’t kid yourself: faking it will take time unless the talk is quite brief.
However, it’s a fantastic technique to keep any information for yourself. It will also be available on all of your Apple devices with the same iMessage addresses.
Simply erase the messages from either the blue or grey bubbles to create the illusion of a discussion. To delete a message, hold it down and choose ‘More’ from the menu that appears.
- Tap the ‘Erase‘ icon in the lower-left corner of the screen to delete the messages you desire.
- There will be a confirmation prompt. To erase numerous messages, tap ‘Delete Message’ or ‘Delete [n] Messages.’
Texting yourself through iMessage on an iPhone is simple and uncomplicated. There are no complicated hacks or hoops to jump through.