The Application folder is a frequently used location on your Mac. For new Mac users, locating the folder can be a little challenging. This folder contains all of macOS’s default programs.
Where is the ‘Applications’ folder on a Mac located? It’s hidden unless you know the location of the Applications Folder on Mac OSX. Here’s how to Find the Applications Folder.
Additionally, it has a folder named Utilities, which contains macOS utility applications such as Terminal, Activity Monitor, Disk Utility, Screenshot, and Airport Utility.
If you install a program through the Mac App Store, it will be put in the /Applications/ folder. To run, organize, or delete applications, you may wish to open the Applications folder.
How to find the Applications folder
There are several ways to locate the Applications folder:
- Select Go > Applications in the Finder on your Mac.
- Additionally, you can open the folder using the Shift-Command-A shortcut in the Finder. Simply press these two keys in unison.
- Click Finder from the Dock. Click Applications in the Sidebar; if you do not see the Sidebar, click the View menu and select Show Sidebar.
- If Applications are not visible, navigate to Finder > Preferences > Sidebar and check the “Applications” option.
- The spotlight may be used to search for and locate the Applications folder. It’s located in the “Folders” section.
How to Add the Applications folder to the Dock
On your Mac, there are a few different ways to open applications. For instance, many people make use of Launchpad.
Additionally, you can use the Dock by adding the Applications folder icon to it. This is how:
- To open a new Finder window, click the Finder icon in the Dock.
- Are you aware of the Sidebar? If not, from the Finder menu bar, pick View and then click Show Sidebar.
- The Sidebar has a section titled “Applications.” If not, navigate to Finder > Preferences > Sidebar and check the “Applications” checkbox.
- Select “Add to Dock” by right-clicking (control-clicking) Applications. Additionally, a new “Applications” icon will be added to the Dock.